I. Design your email campaigns
1. Quick edit from pre-built template
Setting up a marketing campaign that looks professional and on-branded might be time-consuming, and what if you don't have an in-house designer to style each campaign? Don't worry, you can easily customize our templates with the smart drag-and-drop design tool to fit your desire, and make it as your next campaign!
Navigate for the Email Newsletters on the side menu, then click on a template:
If you're using the template, remember to make a quick check on the content and adjust your logo, as well as add an URL to your button. Click to select an element on the template which you want to edit, then make your changes on the left column:
To change the example images to your branded photos and logo, select the 'cloud' icon to upload an image from your computer, or drag the Image element onto the template to do so.
2. Create a whole new email campaign
You can create a brand new campaign without reusing our templates, by clicking on Create New on the top right corner of your screen.
Before starting to design your email, please note that there are 2 tabs of settings:
- General tab: is used for the basic configuration of your popup.
- Design tab: is used for styling and positioning the selected element.
Apart from that, there are many other drag-and-drop components that you can add to your email:
For text, email marketing is different than social media. It’s more personal, more targeted, and more dedicated to reaching a specific set of users. You can add any text that you think would be suitable to your audiences, but make sure that it's clear first and be catchy second. If you have a special deal for your customers, remember to always show it above the fold.
You can add shortcodes as a personalization element to your email campaign. Input your customer’s name into the body of your email so that it speaks directly to your audience and nobody else’s.
Here are the types of shortcodes that we currently offer:
- First name: first name of the receiver. This is to make your message more dedicating to each customer.
- Last name: last name of the receiver. This has the same purpose as first name variant.
- Shop name: catch your store name automatically. This is a must-have variant to let your customers know whose message they've received from.
- Total spent: catch the number of total amount spent per each customer automatically. This variant can be useful for re-engage campaign or membership upgrading announcement.
- Order count: catch the total number of orders per each customer automatically. This variant can also be used to engage your loyal customers.
Another essential component for email campaign is a call-to-action button. Try making the button visible, eye-catching and hard to ignore to increase your conversion rate and encourage your customers to act quicker.
Last but not least, your emails should already include an option to allow customers to unsubscribe. Not only is it a basic part of unsubscribe best practices, but it’s required by law under the CAN-SPAM Act.
You can add an unsubscribe link in your email footer, as well as other information such as your company address, official flagship store, etc. A clean and clear footer is most appreciated.
Note: You can save your design as an template for other campaigns by clicking on 'More options' icon at the top right side of your screen.
To reuse your templates, click on 'Load from template' to open the template library.
II. Check your email strength
Before kicking off your email campaign with ManySales, check the Message Strength and make sure that you meet all the 'strength points' to prevent your emails going straight to spam box.
III. Select your audience
Move on to select a group of customers whom your campaign will be sending to. You can choose an available group or create a new group by filtering your audience.
Check this article to learn more on how to Segment your audience with filters.
IV. Schedule your campaign
You have two options of selecting date and time to deliver your message:
- Start now: delivering the SMS campaign immediately
- Schedule for later: Select a date which you think would be the best time for your message to reach your audience. When you customize the date, the default timezone is (GMT-05:00). If you want to change this time one to another one, you could do that in the General Settings > Installation Script.