Marketing text messages are also similar to Email Marketing but it reaches the customers faster and right in their pocket!
Research shows that SMS open rates are as high as 98%, compared to just 20% of all emails. And, on average, it takes 90 seconds for someone to respond to a text and 90 minutes to respond to an email. That's why many merchants say that SMS marketing is a very effective method for them.
In this article, we will guide you on how to use the SMS editing tool in ManySales and create a personalized message to mass audience. Save your time and lessen your workload while still enhancing your business!
I. Edit on pre-built templates
Navigate for the SMS Newsletters on the side menu, then click on 'Create new' button to open the templates library:
If you're using the template, all of the elements of a text message campaign is ready-made for you. Make a quick check on your current SMS credits to ensure that you have enough money to run the whole campaign completely, then you probably could enable the campaign right away!
II. Start your new SMS marketing campaign
1. Check your sending number
As default, you can send outgoing SMS messages from your ManySales phone number to mobile phones around the globe. Learn more about Send an SMS from your ManySales phone number.
2. Personalized variants
You can add shortcodes as a personalization element to your SMS campaign. This is the quickest way to send several messages at once but still keep it private and personal to each customer.
Here are the types of variants that we currently offer:
- First name: first name of the receiver. This is to make your message more dedicating to each customer.
- Last name: last name of the receiver. This has the same purpose as first name variant.
- Shop name: catch your store name automatically. This is a must-have variant to let your customers know whose message they've received from.
- Total spent: catch the number of total amount spent per each customer automatically. This variant can be useful for re-engage campaign or membership upgrading announcement.
- Order count: catch the total number of orders per each customer automatically. This variant can also be used to engage your loyal customers.
3. Message Strength
SMS marketing should only be used when you’ve got a good reason. Don't forget that this channel can burn out very fast if you don't know what you're doing, or if you send out too many messages too quickly.
Before starting your SMS campaign with ManySales, check the Message Strength to ensure that your deliverability is strong enough and that your message brings value to customer's life.
Please be noted that STOP to opt-out is a required point. In case a customer opt-outs on your message, the system will update the phone status of this person to Unsubscribed and you can no longer send marketing messages to this customer.
After you've done editing the content, click on 'Save and Exit' and process to the detail page to set up the configuration.
4. Check your SMS Credits
Make sure that you have at least $0.5 in your balance to start an SMS campaign. Otherwise, to check the campaign cost beforehand, click on 'TOP UP NOW' right below the Balance section > you will see the pop-up which you can quickly check SMS price and top-up your balance at the same time.
For more information about SMS Credits, please check this article > How much does an SMS cost?
5. Select your audience
Move on to select a group of customers whom your campaign will be sending to. You can choose an available group or create a new group by filtering your audience.
Check this article to learn more on how to Segment your audience with filters.
6. Schedule your campaign
You have two options of selecting date and time to deliver your message:
- Start now: delivering the SMS campaign immediately
- Schedule for later: Select a date which you think would be the best time for your message to reach your audience. When you customize the date, the default timezone is (GMT-05:00). If you want to change this time one to another one, you could do that in the General Settings > Installation Script.