1. What is a dedicated Outbound Domain?
Setting up a dedicated sending domain authenticates your sending infrastructure so that, when emails reach inbox providers (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc.), they will appear to come from your brand, rather than from the ManySales shared domain. There are several reasons you may want to have a dedicated sending domain, including to have greater control over your business’s branding and sending reputation. In this article, you will learn more about how to setup your own sending domain with ManySales' self-service tool.
The benefits of setting up your own sending domain
Using a dedicated sending domain improves deliverability in the eyes of inbox providers since you will now send from your own domain. As such, your mailed-by address will match the domain you’re sending from. This means that your emails will no longer appear to be sent by a shared domain.
For example, in the image below, the via mail.manysales.io will no longer appear after you have set up your own domain. The mailed-by and signed-by will be replaced with your own sending domain as well.
2. How to add a dedicated Outbound Domain?
- Go to ManySales app > General Settings > Email Outbound Domain section.
- Key-in your domain name, then click Add Domain button to start generating code. For example, I am using the domain of Cloudflare provider, I'll enter my domain as qc1.giang.dev
- To verify your DNS domain, please go to your domain provider site. In my case, I will verify the DNS domain by going to https://dash.cloudflare.com/ , select the domain which I'm going to create a mailer for - giang.dev (see the screenshot below)
- Select the DNS section. At the drop-down box named Type, select a relevant type as required in ManySales.
- Copy the information in the Name column in DNS Record (from ManySales) then paste it into the Name field.
- Copy the information in the Value column in DNS Record (from ManySales) then paste it into the Content field
- Remember to set the Time To Live (TTL), this would decide the verification period.
- Hit Add Record button then do the same thing with the rest value in DNS Record
- Once you're done adding the value, back to ManySales and click Verify button to finish the process.
- If you decide to add your own outbound domain, the ManySales shared domain will no longer work for your account.
- The process on your Domain Service platform might be different from the example above. In case you encountered problems during the process, please share it in detail and provide screenshots that will help us investigate.
- It might take up to 48 hours to completely verify your domain, how long this process would take is relied on your Domain Service company.
Should you need further support, please feel free to contact us via live chat or email us at email@example.com