1. What is ManySales Outbound Addresses?
When you're using ManySales email service, it means you're sharing a domain with many other businesses. As a shared domain, we sometimes cannot prevent the fact that some users might be marked as spam by their customers. Just in case the overall spam rate is too high, the shared domain would be blocked, and unfortunately, it would affect your email sending as well. To avoid the bad impact on all users, we encourage you to add your own email address to continue using our email service whilst no longer have to worry about the others.
Here are two benefits of your own email domain:
- Branding: instead of having to use the same domain of the ManySales app with other users, now you can still create an email with your own domain for your business. This will make your business stand out and make it easier for branding activities.
- Avoid high spam rate: sharing the ManySales domain will be a disadvantage when your spam rate is high. This means you are not able to use the Email/SMS campaign if the percentage of customers who unsubscribed you as counted by 0.1%. However, you use your own Outbound Email Domain then you don't worry about this problem anymore. The number of customers who reject your campaign can be high but you still continue using the SMS/Email to interact with your customers.
2. How to customize Outbound Domain?
- Go to ManySales app > General Settings > Email Outbound Domain section.
- Key-in your domain name, then click Add Domain button to start generating code. For example, I am using the domain of Cloudflare provider, I'll enter my domain as qc1.giang.dev
- To verify your DNS domain, please go to your domain provider site. In my case, I will verify the DNS domain by going to https://dash.cloudflare.com/ , select the domain which I'm going to create a mailer for - giang.dev (see the screenshot below)
- Select the DNS section. At the drop-down box named Type, select a relevant type as required in ManySales.
- Copy the information in the Name column in DNS Record (from ManySales) then paste it into the Name field.
- Copy the information in the Value column in DNS Record (from ManySales) then paste it into the Content field
- Remember to set the Time To Live (TTL), this would decide the verification period.
- Hit Add Record button then do the same thing with the rest value in DNS Record
- Once you're done adding the value, back to ManySales and click Verify button to finish the process.
- If you decide to add your own outbound domain, the ManySales shared domain will no longer work for your account.
- The process on your Domain Service platform might be different from the example above. In case you encountered problems during the process, please share it in detail and provide screenshots that will help us investigate.
- It might take up to 48 hours to completely verify your domain, how long this process would take is relied on your Domain Service company.
Should you need further support, please feel free to contact us via live chat or email us at email@example.com