Frequency is the number of times a user sees your message, pop-up or banner over a given time period. Frequency capping will help you to avoid spamming users too much with the same content.
For Blinking Tabs, Bars, and Pop-ups:
- Frequency capping: Total of time a visitor sees this content. Set to 0 (zero) equals unlimited
- Delay between two appearances: The delay of the next pop-up after the 1st one disappeared. Set to 0 (zero) equals no delay
Recommendation for Pop-ups setting:
You can control the way you show your popups by a number of different factors:
- Based on impression: the number of times visitors see the Pop-up. This would be suitable for the pop-ups that need a high rate of impression such as time-off announcement.
- Base on interaction: The total of time visitors need to interact with the pop-up. For example: If you set this as 1 per visitor, the pop-up will display multiple times until visitors interact with it.
If you would like your pop-up to show up multiple times without disturbing your customers, set up ‘delay between two appearances’ to at least 45-60 seconds. To preview the one-time pop-up, please open your website via an incognito window.
For Sales Pop:
- Initial delay: The delay of the 1st appearance. Set to 0 (zero) equals no delay
- Display time: The delay before the content timeout. Set to 0 (zero) equals timeout immediately after 2 seconds of animation time
- Frequency capping: same as above
- Delay between two appearances: same as above
Important: Frequency settings will only take effect after a visitor takes action with the content (close banner/ reactive tab/ click pop-up...)