Before you start applying a task, just think about what you will do on your website as a visitor, and place a banner on a page or section that can attract the most attention. This rule helps you show the task at the right time, to avoid causing any unnecessary disturbance to your visitors.
Your task will appear only when your customer has a specific interaction with your store, such as:
- Exit-intent: When your customer has the intention of exiting your page like hover out to browser’s taskbar. Use this trigger to keep the visitor stay longer on your website.
- Click on an exact area: When your customer clicks on a specific section, it means something on your website catches their eyes and makes them interested, make use of this chance and popup a task to acquire the customer.
- Scroll down your page for X percentage: When the visitor has already scrolled down on your website at a percentage. Use this trigger when you want your visitor to read specific information first before seeing the task.
- Stay on your page for X seconds: When the customer stays on your website for an exact period of time (as set up). Use this trigger to introduce your hottest products, new arrival, or even offer a voucher to push your visitors faster into their purchase decision.
- After interacting with ManySales' tools: This will help to show pop-up based on visitors' interaction with a Pop-up, a Sales Pop, or a Review Box that created in ManySales app. For example, when customers completed writing a review in Review Box, you can use this trigger to pop-up a thank you coupon for their next purchase.
To learn how to set-up triggers step-by-step, please check this article.
You might also want to combine these with Show to whom for better targeting.